Friday, March 6, 2009

A netbook is in the house

My 16 year old daughter bought a laptop yesterday.
My first instinct when she said she told me the plan on IM was to try to talk her out of it. But then I reconsidered.
She as a regular job and probably works more than she should. She has quite a lot of money saved. Basically, she is buying the laptop with hear earnings from working a lot of hours during "mid-winter break". (a week off in February - just a crazy Washington thing)



So she bought an Acer Aspire One - pink of course. She paid about $325 including tax at Fry's.
These pictures don't give a good idea of how small this thing is because the mouse that is plugged into it is also very tiny. (it has a touchpad, but also includes a mouse, which is nice) Here's a video if you want a better look at the size - although this is a slightly different model.

It's a netbook, so no DVD drive. It weighs about 2 pounds, has a battery that seems to run over three hours (in our limited testing so far), and has a very nice screen. This model has a hard drive - which some netbooks don't. 160 gigabytes, so plenty of room for music, games, Office, even ripped movies.


This is a very cool machine. Nice and speedy. Good, if small, keyboard, fantastic screen, all the right ports and plugs for networking, memory cards, USB, etc.

Just what every young girl needs.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, now Jordan pretty much has two computers to herself!

    But that's a cute laptop. Can she print from it and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It prints over the network like the other PCs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. And now that she has it, she has no excuse not to have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great computer. I've been thinking about getting one to take note with in class.
    Thanks for swinging by my blog. I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest is begging for one of these....I will be anxioulsy waiting to see what you guys think. I was just looking online last week. He would use it for games, his e-mails, and the occasional school assignments. What do you think of all that?

    ps- saw the Kindle updates. Now I am confused again- but I like the smaller size. More later!

    ReplyDelete