Friday, March 12, 2010

I’m so done..

Earlier today I turned in my last assignment of my last class for my bachelor degree. Still about a week before I know my final grades, but I’ve got a 4.0 GPA so far and expect to keep that. :-)

Let’s see… counting just my classes since I finished my associates degree, I think my favorite class has been my IT Project Management class, the finance aspects of that in particular. While my least favorite class has been my just completed Data Structures and Algorithms class. The textbook was terrible. The flow and approach of the class was really uneven – numbingly simple one week, stupifyingly difficult the next, and the instructor was only really clear about the specific areas he happened to be passionate about.

Anyway, I’m finally done and I’m pretty happy about it. It has been difficult these past nine months or so as I’ve basically been a full-time (or very close to it) class load each term. This involved a lot of homework, a lot of late nights, and a lot of missed family time. It has also been not a small investment in money, which I won’t actually get back. Even after the tuition reimbursement from my company I’ve spent quite a lot of my own money. Luckily I’m a veteran as that got me a cut rate on tuition and free books.

I won’t say I’m done with education for ever, but I’m done with it for now and I’m looking forward to getting re-acquainted with my Xbox 360 and my latest favorite game – Toy Soldiers

ts

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for family time! If only I can beat out the Toy Soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your degree. The Data Structures and Algorithm class sounds about par for the course. I think that's a rite of passage for a computer science degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so impressive that you took the time to get another degree!
    Now if you can just set up a system to take money from in-laws calling for tech support you should really do well......

    ReplyDelete