Thursday, January 22, 2009

Furnace fixer dude

So when I came home from work, it seemed a little chilly in the house, but I was more focused on dinner. The Mrs was gone to a play practice so it was just me and the kids. While we were cleaning up dinner, I noticed the thermostat screen was blank.
Since it was getting time for the nearby Ace Hardware to close, I ran out, got a new thermostat and put it in. I felt pretty handy.
But then, the furnace still didn't work.

I got out all the books and found where it was flashing a trouble code but I couldn't fix it.

So I decided I needed to call for service. We didn't need it fixed tonight ($$$) but definitely needed it on Friday. I called around and left a couple messages, but then, lo and behold, one guy actually answered the phone in person.
Dirk himself answered the phone at Dirk's Heating. As he was taking my info, he started walking me through getting the furnace back on. ("tap on this", "paper clip these two wires together", etc.) He was really trying to get me working tonight even before he could come and do the real fix. I was incredibly impressed with this level of service.

If you are on the Eastside and need furnace help, by all means call:
Dirk's Heating
590 SE Andrews St, Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 392-1937
http://maps.live.com/localsearch/Details.aspx?lid=YN925x15750931&what=heating&where=snoqualmie%2c%20wa&qt=yp&tid=0a1d2ef7e14f482780005b7b930874ac&cobrand=1&FORM=LLSV

1 comment:

  1. A service man that was actually helpful before any sort of payment?Sounds unheard of to me. Are you sure you weren't in the twilight zone?

    ReplyDelete